International Agent Resources
Below is where International Agents will find information on options available for prospective students studying and living in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. You will find admissions information, admissions requirements, admissions checklist, how to apply, English for academic purposes program, international recruiters and more. This page will help you find the tools you need for the successful transition of international students to St. Francis Xavier University.
- Admissions Information
- English for Academic Purposes Program
- International Recruiters
- International Viewbook
Key Dates and Deadlines
September 2024 Intake
- September 17, 2023 – Application open for all programs
- March 1, 2024 - Deadline to apply for major scholarships
- March 5, 2024 - Deadline to apply for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (4 year) program and to complete CASPer test
- May 1, 2024 - Deadline to apply for admission to the Master of Applied Computer Science program
- May 15, 2024
- Deadline to confirm acceptance to StFX to be guaranteed a room in residence
- Deadline to apply for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing – 2 year Accelerated program and to complete CASPer test
- May 30, 2024 – Deadline to apply for admission to undergraduate and post-baccalaureate diploma programs
- August 7, 2024 – Deadline to submit request for deferral of admission to September 2025 or January 2025
- August/September – International student orientation (Dates are TBD: more info to follow)
January 2024 Intake
- September 30, 2023 – Deadline to apply for admission to undergraduate programs in Arts, Science, Business, Music, Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Enterprise IT Management, and Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Digital Marketing
- November 1, 2023 – Deadline to confirm acceptance to StFX
- December 6, 2023 – Deadline to submit request for deferral of admission to September 2024
- Early January – International student orientation (Dates are TBD: more info to follow)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the application and confirmation fees?
i. The application fee for all programs is $100 CAD
ii. The confirmation fee for all programs is $1,000 CAD
iii. All fees are non-refundable
How to Submit Official Transcripts and Supporting Documents
i) Submit an official transcript from your high school or post-secondary institution. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office by mail or an official school email to @email. Any transcript submitted directly by the student must be received in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Transcripts in a language other than English should be provided in their original language, along with a certified translation into English.
ii) Submit an English proficiency test if your first language is not English.
iii) Submit a copy of your provisional degree certificate if applying to a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma or Master of Applied Computer Science.
iv) Mailing address:
StFX Admissions Office
2329 Notre Dame, 2nd Floor Nicholson Tower
Canada B2G 2W5
What programs have a January intake?
i. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accelerated Nursing – 2 year, Bachelor of Music, Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Enterprise IT Management, and Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Digital Marketing
Can we apply for a conditional letter of acceptance on the basis of predicted grades, registration in an English proficiency test, or a provisional degree?
i. Students applying for undergraduate and PBD programs with the above documents may receive a conditional acceptance.
ii. Students applying for the Master of Applied Computer Science program can be enrolled in their final year of study but must provide an English proficiency test with their application.
What if a student is missing grade 12 math for Business or Science programs?
i. StFX can recommend upgrading options to students missing the math pre-requisite, and assess for a conditional offer of acceptance after a student has enrolled.
I am working with a student who has already applied to StFX without using our services. Am I still able to represent the applicant? Can I claim a commission?
i. You may support students at any stage of the application however, a commission will generally not be paid if an admission decision has been made. Please contact @email
NOTE: We are currently not seeking agent partners to represent our institution at this time.