Throughout the year, the Co-op Program builds partnerships and provides opportunities for employers to become involved with the program outside of the hiring process. If an employer would like to get involved with the Co-op Program here are some options:
- Professional Development Seminar Guest Presenter: We invite employers to share their industry insights on specific topics that we cover in our professional development seminars.
- Professional Development Employer Panelist: Our employer panels have been very popular with students over the years. Employer panelists will share information regarding their organization's hiring procedures, a day in the life, and other relevant information that would be helpful to a co-op student entering the workplace.
- Resume & Cover Letter Reviewer: In our professional development seminar students submit a cover letter and resume for critique. We will match students' backgrounds to employer preferences for hiring. This opportunity provides employers an opportunity to meet students. It also provides students the valuable opportunity to learn how to craft an application for a specific industry.
- Mock Interview Participant: In addition to co-op staff, employers act as mock interviewers.
- Employer Mentor: StFX has launched the XConnects Mentorship Program. This is a great way to share your industry knowledge with co-op students.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities or have an idea for other ways to connect with co-op students, please email us at @email.